Job description Enameller - Arts And Crafts near Toronto (ON)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "enameller - arts and crafts" was moved from the group Artisans and craftspersons (NOC 5244) to the group Artisans and craftspersons (NOC 53124).
Find out what work is like for an enameller - arts and crafts in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Artisans and craftspersons (NOC 53124).
Artisans and craftspersons
Artisans and craftspersons use manual and artistic skills to design and make ornamental objects, pottery, stained glass, jewellery, rugs, blankets, other handicrafts and artistic floral arrangements. Makers of musical instruments are also included in this unit group. Most craftspersons are self-employed. Artistic floral arrangers are usually employed in florist shops and floral departments of retail establishments, or may be self-employed. Craft instructors are also included in this unit group and are employed by artisan guilds, colleges, private studios and recreational organizations.
- Use hand tools and woodworking machines to produce carvings from wood, stone and other materials and to carve ornamental designs into wooden furniture and other objects.
- Glass blowers
- Design and create glass objects using blowpipes and artisan's hand tools and equipment.
- Metal arts workers
- Design metal jewellery, utensils, implements, wall hangings and other objects and create them from gold, silver, copper, pewter and other metals.
- Design ornamental and ceramic functional earthenware pieces and create them using clay, moulds, potter's wheels and other equipment, glazing materials and kilns.
- Stained glass artists
- Design stained glass windows, lampshades and other objects and cut, paint, fire and assemble pieces of stained glass to create such products.
- Instrument makers
- Construct instruments by applying their knowledge of wood, ebonite, metal properties and other materials and instrument design using hand and power tools.
- Use hands or loom to interlace strips of flexible material such as wool, cotton, silk, grasses, bark and rawhide to make baskets, wreaths, wall hangings, clothing, rugs, blankets and other objects.
- Craft instructors
- Prepare craftmaking lessons, gather the required working materials and demonstrate and teach craftmaking techniques.
- Artistic floral arrangers
- Design bouquets, corsages, sprays, wreaths and other floral arrangements and select natural and artificial flowers, foliage and decorative accessories to create arrangements or other floral items to suit customers' requirements.
- artistic floral arranger
- craft instructor (except education)
- glass blower
- lace weaver - arts and crafts
- leather worker
- metal arts worker
- screen printing artisan
- stained glass artist
- stringed instrument maker
- totem pole carver
- weaver - arts and crafts
- Painters, sculptors and other visual artists
- Jewellers, jewellery and watch repairers and related occupations
- Weavers, knitters and other fabric making occupations
- Date modified: