Why does my job posting status show “Pending”?
The “pending” status means that your job posting will be reviewed by a Job Bank officer. The current service standard to advertise job postings is two business days. Once approved, the status of your job posting on the Dashboard will be changed to “Advertised”.
Important: Your employer file must first be approved by a Job Bank officer before your job posting can be advertised. If your employer file has not been approved yet, it may take longer for the job to be advertised.
- How do I make changes to my advertised job posting?
- I can't find the job title that I want to display on my job posting. What should I do?
- What are the rules to post on Job Bank?
- If I can't write my own job description, what can I do?
- Can I advertise self-employment opportunities?
- Why was my job posting declined?
- Why can't I write my own job description?
- How do I create a job posting?
- How do I edit my job posting?
- Why does my job posting status show “Pending”?
- Do I have to pay to advertise my job postings on Job Bank?
- How do I extend my job posting?
- Date modified: