Summary Food And Beverage Processing Supervisor near Charlottetown (PE)
Find key facts and figures about working as a food and beverage processing supervisor. The following information is applicable to all Supervisors, food and beverage processing (NOC 92012).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Supervisors in food and beverage processing supervise and coordinate the activities of workers who operate processing and packaging machines, and workers who grade food and beverage products. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, fish plants, meat plants, breweries and other food and beverage processing establishments.
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
Median wage in Prince Edward Island
advertised near Charlottetown (PE)
- Train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule (and possibly review) activities of workers
- Date modified: