Summary Fishing Vessel Deckhand near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a fishing vessel deckhand. The following information is applicable to all Fishing vessel deckhands (NOC 8441).
Fishing vessel deckhands perform a variety of manual tasks on commercial fishing voyages, and maintain fishing vessels. They are employed by establishments that operate commercial fishing vessels and by self-employed fishermen/women.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in British Columbia
The job prospects are limited in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Steer vessels to and from fishing areas
- Clean deck surfaces and fish hold
- Repair nets, splice ropes and maintain fishing gear and other deck equipment
- Clean, sort and pack fish in ice and stow catch in hold
- Operate fishing gear to catch fish and other marine life
- Date modified: