Summary Yard Labourer - Railway Transport near Vancouver (BC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "yard labourer - railway transport" was moved from the group Railway and motor transport labourers (NOC 7622) to the group Railway and motor transport labourers (NOC 75211).
Find key facts and figures about working as an yard labourer - railway transport. The following information is applicable to all Railway and motor transport labourers (NOC 75211).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Railway and motor transport labourers perform a variety of tasks to assist track maintenance workers and railway yard workers, or motor transport operators. They are employed by railway transport companies and motor transport companies.
This occupation usually requires short-term work experience and no formal education.
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Transport tools and equipment on push or hand cars
- Assist railway track maintenance workers to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks
- Cut vegetation growth from railway tracks using scythes and mowers
- Check freight cars for physical damage and cleanliness
- Shovel snow from railway switch boxes
- Date modified: