Summary Crane Operator near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a crane operator. The following information is applicable to all Crane operators (NOC 7371).
Crane operators operate cranes or draglines to lift, move, position or place machinery, equipment and other large objects at construction or industrial sites, ports, railway yards, surface mines and other similar locations. They are employed by construction, industrial, mining, cargo handling and railway companies.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job outlook is fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Operate mobile and tower cranes to lift, move, position or place equipment and materials
- Operate pile driving cranes to drive pilings into earth to provide support for buildings and other structures
- Operate cranes equipped with dredging attachments to dredge waterways and other areas
- Operate gantry cranes to load and unload ship cargo at port side
- Operate locomotive cranes to move objects and materials at railway yards
- Date modified: