Summary Machine Fitter near Montréal (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a machine fitter. The following information is applicable to all Machine fitters (NOC 7316).
Machine fitters fit, assemble and otherwise build heavy industrial machinery and transportation equipment, including aircraft engines. They are employed in industrial machinery and transportation equipment manufacturing industries.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Québec
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised near Montréal (QC)
- Fit and assemble prefabricated metal parts to build heavy industrial machinery
- Move and align subassemblies and components
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Install major components such as gears, pumps, motors or hydraulic assemblies
- Inspect furniture and fixture subassemblies and finished products for conformance to quality standards
- Date modified: