Summary Machine Fitter near Calgary (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a machine fitter. The following information is applicable to all Machine fitters (NOC 7316).
Machine fitters fit, assemble and otherwise build heavy industrial machinery and transportation equipment, including aircraft engines. They are employed in industrial machinery and transportation equipment manufacturing industries.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Alberta
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Alberta
- Fit and assemble prefabricated metal parts to build heavy industrial machinery
- Move and align subassemblies and components
- Install major components such as gears, pumps, motors or hydraulic assemblies
- Inspect furniture and fixture subassemblies and finished products for conformance to quality standards
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Date modified: