Summary Refrigeration And Air Conditioning Mechanic near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic. The following information is applicable to all Heating, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics (NOC 7313).
Heating, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics install, maintain, repair and overhaul residential central air conditioning systems, commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and combined heating, ventilation and cooling systems. They are employed by heating, refrigeration and air conditioning installation contractors, various industrial settings, food wholesalers, engineering firms and retail and servicing establishments. Transport refrigeration mechanics are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are good in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Measure and lay out reference points for installation
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
- Date modified: