Summary Heavy Equipment Mechanic near Ville de Saguenay (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a heavy equipment mechanic. The following information is applicable to all Heavy-duty equipment mechanics (NOC 7312).
Heavy-duty equipment mechanics repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain mobile heavy-duty equipment used in construction, transportation, forestry, mining, oil and gas, material handling, landscaping, land clearing, farming and similar activities. They are employed by companies which own and operate heavy equipment, and by heavy equipment dealers, rental and service establishments, railway transport companies and urban transit systems.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The job prospects are good in the Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region
advertised near Ville de Saguenay (QC)
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Date modified: