Summary Cable Installer - Electrical Power near Ottawa (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a cable installer - electrical power. The following information is applicable to all Electrical power line and cable workers (NOC 7244).
Electrical power line and cable workers construct, maintain and repair overhead and underground electrical power transmission and distribution systems. They are employed by electric power generation, transmission and distribution companies, electrical contractors and public utility commissions.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Ottawa Region
The job prospects are fair in the Ottawa Region
advertised in Ontario
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical distribution and transmission systems
- Erect and maintain steel, wood or concrete poles, towers and guy wires
- Splice, solder and insulate conductors and related wiring to connect power distribution and transmission networks
- Write maintenance reports
- Inspect and test overhead and underground power lines and cables and auxiliary equipment
- Date modified: