Summary Weigh Station Operator - By-law Enforcement near Gaspé (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a weigh station operator - by-law enforcement. The following information is applicable to all By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers, n.e.c. (NOC 4423).
By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers enforce by-laws and regulations of provincial and municipal governments. They are employed by provincial and municipal governments and agencies.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Québec
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Québec
- Conduct inspections of licensed establishments, advise licencees on laws and regulations, and report contravention of laws and regulations to provincial liquor control boards and agencies
- Enforce municipal and provincial regulations, investigate complaints, and issue warnings and citations to commercial and residential property owners and occupants
- Enforce parking by-laws on city streets, regional roads and municipal properties
- Inspect commercial vehicles to ensure compliance with regulations governing load restrictions, the transportation of hazardous materials and public safety
- Investigate complaints concerning infractions of garbage collection by-laws
- Date modified: