Summary Carpenter near Bridgewater (NS)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "carpenter" was moved from the group Carpenters (NOC 7271) to the group Carpenters (NOC 72310).
Find key facts and figures about working as a carpenter. The following information is applicable to all Carpenters (NOC 72310).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Carpenters construct, erect, install, maintain and repair structures and components of structures made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials. They are employed by construction companies, carpentry contractors, and maintenance departments of factories, plants and other establishments, or they may be self-employed. Apprentices are also included in this unit group.
Learn more about carpenter
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in the Southern Region
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised near Bridgewater (NS)
View available jobs about Jobs
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: