Summary Ironworker in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as an ironworker. The following information is applicable to all Ironworkers (NOC 7236).
Ironworkers fabricate, erect, hoist, install, repair and service structural ironwork, precast concrete, concrete reinforcing materials, curtain walls, ornamental iron and other metals used in the construction of buildings, bridges, highways, dams and other structures and equipment. They are employed by construction ironwork contractors.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
- Perform job-site calculations
- Signal crane operators to position units according to blueprints
- Align, weld or bolt units in place
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Date modified: