Summary Ironworker near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as an ironworker. The following information is applicable to all Ironworkers (NOC 7236).
Ironworkers fabricate, erect, hoist, install, repair and service structural ironwork, precast concrete, concrete reinforcing materials, curtain walls, ornamental iron and other metals used in the construction of buildings, bridges, highways, dams and other structures and equipment. They are employed by construction ironwork contractors.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are good in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
- Signal crane operators to position units according to blueprints
- Align, weld or bolt units in place
- Dismantle metal, pre-cast concrete or laminated timber buildings and other structures
- Inspect or test structures and equipment for deterioration, defects or failure to comply with specifications or regulations
- Date modified: