Summary Illustrator And Graphic Designer near Edmonton (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as an illustrator and graphic designer. The following information is applicable to all Graphic designers and illustrators (NOC 5241).
Graphic designers conceptualize and produce graphic art and visual materials to effectively communicate information for publications, advertising, films, packaging, posters, signs and interactive media such as Web sites and CDs. They are employed by advertising and graphic design firms, by establishments with advertising or communications departments and by multimedia production companies, or they may be self-employed. Graphic designers who are also supervisors, project managers or consultants are included in this unit group. Illustrators conceptualize and create illustrations to represent information through images. They are almost solely self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Edmonton Region
The job prospects are fair in the Edmonton Region
advertised near Edmonton (AB)
- Supervise other graphic designers or graphic arts technicians
- Estimate costs of materials and time to complete graphic designs and illustrations
- Adapt existing illustrations
- Assist in developing storyboards for electronic productions
- Consult with clients to determine the nature and content of illustrations in order to meet their communications needs
- Date modified: