Summary Photographer near Sherbrooke (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a photographer. The following information is applicable to all Photographers (NOC 53110).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Photographers operate still cameras to photograph people, events, scenes, materials, products and other subjects. They are employed by photographic studios, newspapers, magazines, museums and government, or they may be self-employed.
Post-secondary or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of less than 2 years, or more than 6 months of on-the-job training.
Median wage in Québec
advertised in Québec
- Develop and print photographs
- Mount and frame photographs
- Adapt existing photographic images and create new digitized images to be included in multimedia/newmedia products
- Determine picture composition, make technical adjustments to equipment and photograph subject
- Operate computers to manipulate photographic images
- Date modified: