Summary Microprocessor Designer And Application Engineer near Longueuil (QC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "microprocessor designer and application engineer" was moved from the group Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) (NOC 2147) to the group Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) (NOC 21311).
Find key facts and figures about working as a microprocessor designer and application engineer. The following information is applicable to all Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) (NOC 21311).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) research, plan, design, develop, modify, evaluate and integrate computer and telecommunications hardware and related equipment, and information and communication system networks including mainframe systems, local and wide area networks, fibre-optic networks, wireless communication networks, intranets, the Internet and other data communications systems. They are employed by computer and telecommunication hardware manufacturers, by engineering, manufacturing and telecommunications firms, in information technology consulting firms, by governmental, educational and research institutions and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
Learn more about microprocessor designer and application engineer
This occupation usually requires a university degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate).
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in the Montérégie Region
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised near Longueuil (QC)
View available jobs about Jobs
- Assess, document and optimize the capacity and performance of information and communication system networks
- Lead and co-ordinate teams of design professionals in the development and integration of information and communication system architecture, hardware and software
- Research, design and develop information and communication system network architecture
- Research, evaluate and integrate network system and data communication hardware and software
- Analyze user's requirements, and design and develop system architecture and specifications
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: