Summary Special Education Technician - Persons With Disabilities near Winnipeg (MB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a special education technician - persons with disabilities. The following information is applicable to all Instructors of persons with disabilities (NOC 4215).
Instructors of persons with disabilities teach children and adults using a variety of techniques to facilitate communication, rehabilitation, social skills and increased independence. They are employed in rehabilitation centres, specialized educational institutes and throughout the school system.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Manitoba
The job prospects are fair in Manitoba
advertised in Manitoba
- Instruct students in reading and writing braille
- Instruct students in lip-reading, finger spelling and sign language
- Instruct in the use of rehabilitative techniques, prosthetic devices and wheelchairs
- Instruct students in formation and development of sound for speech using hearing aids and other devices
- Assist students to develop life skills
- Date modified: