Summary Special Education Technician - Persons With Disabilities near Winnipeg (MB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a special education technician - persons with disabilities. The following information is applicable to all Instructors of persons with disabilities (NOC 4215).
Instructors of persons with disabilities teach children and adults using a variety of techniques to facilitate communication, rehabilitation, social skills and increased independence. They are employed in rehabilitation centres, specialized educational institutes and throughout the school system.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Manitoba
The job prospects are fair in Manitoba
advertised near Winnipeg (MB)
- Collaborate with specialists to develop programs for clients' special needs
- Develop individualized education and intervention plans based on special needs of client to facilitate their readaptation and independence objectives
- Assess individuals in areas such as physical limitations, orientation and mobility skills, and cognitive, social and emotional barriers to establish client rehabilitation or adaptation goals
- Provide job training and support
- Assist students to develop life skills
- Date modified: