Summary Employment Counsellor near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as an employment counsellor. The following information is applicable to all Employment counsellors (NOC 4156).
Employment counsellors provide assistance and information to job seeker clients on all aspects of employment search and career planning. They also provide advice and information to employer clients regarding employment issues and human resources. They are employed by human resource departments of establishments, employment service organizations, consulting firms, correctional facilities and by federal and provincial governments. Supervisors of employment counsellors are included in this unit group.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Interview clients to obtain employment history, educational background and career goals
- Identify barriers to employment and assist clients with such matters as job readiness skills, job search strategies, writing résumés and preparing for job interviews
- Advise employers on human resource and other employment-related issues
- Assess need for assistance such as rehabilitation, financial aid or further training and refer clients to the appropriate services
- Collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information
- Date modified: