Summary Employment Counsellor near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as an employment counsellor. The following information is applicable to all Employment counsellors (NOC 4156).
Employment counsellors provide assistance and information to job seeker clients on all aspects of employment search and career planning. They also provide advice and information to employer clients regarding employment issues and human resources. They are employed by human resource departments of establishments, employment service organizations, consulting firms, correctional facilities and by federal and provincial governments. Supervisors of employment counsellors are included in this unit group.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects are good in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Provide consulting services to community groups and agencies, businesses, industry and other organizations involved in providing community-based career planning support or resources
- Provide established workers with information and strategies for maintaining a job or moving within an organization
- Provide established workers with information and strategies for dealing with job dissatisfaction, making mid-career changes and adjusting to workplace transitions
- Collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information
- Assess need for assistance such as rehabilitation, financial aid or further training and refer clients to the appropriate services
- Date modified: