Summary Community And Social Services Worker near Ottawa (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a community and social services worker. The following information is applicable to all Social and community service workers (NOC 4212).
Social and community service workers administer and implement a variety of social assistance programs and community services, and assist clients to deal with personal and social problems. They are employed by social service and government agencies, mental health agencies, group homes, shelters, substance abuse centres, school boards, correctional facilities and other establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Ottawa Region
The job prospects are fair in the Ottawa Region
advertised near Ottawa (ON)
- Accompany clients to appointments and social outings
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Screen, recruit and train volunteers and support staff
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of treatment programs
- Maintain program statistics for purposes of evaluation and research
- Date modified: