Summary Plumber near Calgary (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a plumber. The following information is applicable to all Plumbers (NOC 7251).
Plumbers install, repair and maintain pipes, fixtures and other plumbing equipment used for water distribution and waste water disposal in residential, commercial and industrial buildings. They are employed in maintenance departments of factories, plants and similar establishments, by plumbing contractors, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Calgary Region
The job prospects are limited in the Calgary Region
advertised near Calgary (AB)
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Date modified: