Summary Medical Laboratory Technical Assistant near Prince Albert (SK)
Find key facts and figures about working as a medical laboratory technical assistant. The following information is applicable to all Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants (NOC 3212).
Medical laboratory technicians conduct routine medical laboratory tests and set up, clean and maintain medical laboratory equipment. They are employed in medical laboratories in hospitals, clinics, research facilities, post-secondary educational institutions and government research laboratories. Pathologists' assistants assist at autopsies and examinations of surgical specimens or perform autopsies under a pathologist's supervision. They are usually employed in hospitals and universities.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Prince Albert Region
The job prospects are good in the Prince Albert Region
advertised near Prince Albert (SK)
- Collect blood, tissue or other samples from patients
- Log patient samples and prepare them for testing
- Set up medical laboratory equipment
- Conduct routine laboratory tests and sample analyses
- Clean and maintain medical laboratory and laboratory equipment
- Date modified: