Summary Medical Laboratory Technologist in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a medical laboratory technologist. The following information is applicable to all Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 3211).
Medical laboratory technologists conduct medical laboratory tests, experiments and analyses to assist in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. They are employed in medical laboratories in hospitals, blood banks, community and private clinics, research facilities and post-secondary educational institutions. Medical laboratory technologists who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Conduct chemical analyses of blood, urine and other body fluids
- Study blood cells and other tissues
- Prepare tissue sections for microscopic examinations
- Establish procedures for analysis of specimens and for medical laboratory experiments
- Train and supervise staff
- Date modified: