Summary Medical Laboratory Technologist in Québec
Find key facts and figures about working as a medical laboratory technologist. The following information is applicable to all Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 32120).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Medical laboratory technologists conduct medical laboratory tests, experiments and analyses to assist in the diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and prevention of disease. They are employed in medical laboratories in hospitals, blood banks, community and private clinics, research facilities and post-secondary educational institutions. Medical laboratory technologists who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
Median wage in Québec
advertised in Québec
- Conduct chemical analyses of blood, urine and other body fluids
- Study blood cells and other tissues
- Prepare tissue sections for microscopic examinations
- Establish procedures for analysis of specimens and for medical laboratory experiments
- Train and supervise staff
- Date modified: