Summary Medical Laboratory Technologist near Prince Albert (SK)
Find key facts and figures about working as a medical laboratory technologist. The following information is applicable to all Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 3211).
Medical laboratory technologists conduct medical laboratory tests, experiments and analyses to assist in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. They are employed in medical laboratories in hospitals, blood banks, community and private clinics, research facilities and post-secondary educational institutions. Medical laboratory technologists who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Saskatchewan
The job prospects are good in Saskatchewan
advertised near Prince Albert (SK)
- Conduct quality control assessment of testing techniques
- Set up medical laboratory equipment
- Perform blood group, type and compatibility tests for transfusion purposes
- Establish procedures for analysis of specimens and for medical laboratory experiments
- Prepare tissue sections for microscopic examinations
- Date modified: