Summary Occupational Therapist (OT) near Winnipeg (MB)
Find key facts and figures about working as an occupational therapist (OT). The following information is applicable to all Occupational therapists (NOC 3143).
Occupational therapists develop individual and group programs with people affected by illness, injury, developmental disorders, emotional or psychological problems and aging to maintain, restore or increase their ability to care for themselves and to engage in work, school or leisure. They also develop and implement health promotion programs with individuals, community groups and employers. They are employed in health care facilities, in schools, and by private and social services agencies, or they may be self-employed.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Winnipeg Region
The job prospects are good in the Winnipeg Region
advertised near Winnipeg (MB)
- Analyse clients' capabilities and expectations related to life activities through observation, interviews and formal assessments
- Consult and advise on health promotion programs to prevent disabilities and to maximize independent function in all activities of life
- Develop and implement treatment programs
- Evaluate treatment progress
- Train and supervise staff
- Date modified: