Summary Veterinarian near Lethbridge (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a veterinarian. The following information is applicable to all Veterinarians (NOC 3114).
Veterinarians prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and disorders in animals and advise clients on the feeding, hygiene, housing and general care of animals. They work in private practice or may be employed by animal clinics, farms, laboratories, government or industry.
University education usually required
Median wage in Alberta
The job prospects are good in the Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region
advertised in Alberta
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, dentistry and euthanasia
- Perform routine, emergency and post-mortem examinations
- Advise clients on feeding, housing, behaviour, breeding, hygiene and general care of animals
- Vaccinate animals to prevent and treat diseases
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds or performing surgery
- Date modified: