Summary Design And Drafting Technologist near Cold Lake (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a design and drafting technologist. The following information is applicable to all Drafting technologists and technicians (NOC 2253).
Drafting technologists and technicians prepare engineering designs, drawings and related technical information, in multidisciplinary engineering teams or in support of engineers, architects or industrial designers, or they may work independently. They are employed by consulting and construction companies, utility, resource and manufacturing companies, all levels of government and by a wide range of other establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Alberta
The job prospects are fair in Alberta
advertised in Alberta
- Prepare engineering designs and drawings
- Supervise and train other drafting personnel
- Develop and prepare design sketches
- Prepare construction specifications, costs and material estimates
- Prepare contracts and tenders
- Date modified: