Summary Mechanical Engineering Design Technologist near Edmonton (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a mechanical engineering design technologist. The following information is applicable to all Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians (NOC 2232).
Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians provide technical support and services or may work independently in mechanical engineering fields such as the design, development, maintenance and testing of machines, components, tools, heating and ventilating systems, geothermal power plants, power generation and power conversion plants, manufacturing plants and equipment. They are employed by consulting engineering, manufacturing and processing companies, institutions and government departments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Edmonton Region
The job prospects are fair in the Edmonton Region
advertised near Edmonton (AB)
- Assist in inspection of mechanical installations and construction
- Assist in preparing design, drawings and specifications
- Assist in the design of moulds, tools, dies, jigs and fixtures
- Carry out a limited range of mechanical tests and analyses of machines, components and materials
- Participate in machinery installation, repair and maintenance
- Date modified: