Summary Metallurgical Engineering Technologist near Cold Lake (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a metallurgical engineering technologist. The following information is applicable to all Geological and mineral technologists and technicians (NOC 2212).
Geological and mineral technologists and technicians provide technical support and services or may work independently in the fields of oil and gas exploration and production, geophysics, petroleum engineering, geology, mining and mining engineering, mineralogy, extractive and physical metallurgy, metallurgical engineering and environmental protection. They are employed by petroleum and mining companies, consulting geology and engineering firms, and by governments and educational institutions as well as by a variety of manufacturing, construction and utilities companies.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Alberta
The job prospects are limited in Alberta
advertised in Alberta
- Conduct or direct surveys or survey programs
- Assist in evaluation and analysis of petroleum and mineral reservoir
- Prepare or supervise preparation of rock, mineral or metal samples
- Assist in preparing rock, mineral or metal samples
- Perform physical and chemical laboratory tests
- Date modified: