Summary Quality Control Technician - Chemical Processing near Hamilton (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a quality control technician - chemical processing. The following information is applicable to all Chemical technologists and technicians (NOC 2211).
Chemical technologists and technicians provide technical support and services or may work independently in chemical engineering, chemical and biochemical research and analysis, industrial chemistry, chemical quality control and environmental protection. They are employed by research and development and quality control laboratories, consulting engineering companies, in chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and a variety of other manufacturing and processing industries, and by utilities, health, educational and government establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula Region
The job prospects are good in the Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula Region
advertised near Hamilton (ON)
- Assist in design and fabrication of experimental apparatus
- Compile records and interpret experimental or analytical results
- Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests and analyses
- Operate experimental chemical or petrochemical pilot plant
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment and apparatus and prepare solutions of gas and liquid, reagents and sample formulations
- Date modified: