Summary Passenger Service Attendant - Railway near Canmore (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a passenger service attendant - railway. The following information is applicable to all Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services (NOC 65210).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Workers in support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services carry hotel guests' luggage and escort guests to their rooms, carry travellers' luggage at airports, in railway stations and aboard ships, clean and maintain public areas and passengers' rooms aboard ships and trains, and set up rooms and associated furnishings, commercial displays, exhibits, equipment and booths in facilities and establishments. They are employed by hotels, conference centres, retail establishments, passenger transport companies and throughout the private and public sectors.
This occupation usually requires short-term work experience and no formal education.
Median wage in the Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Alberta
- Arrange for ground transportation
- Convey travellers luggage by hand or hand truck
- Assemble, rotate and disassemble window displays, showcases and signage according to floor plans or instructions
- Assist passengers as required
- Assist with installation of audiovisual equipment and help in resolving problems during use
- Date modified: