Summary Nurse Practitioner - Primary Health Care near Marystown (NL)
Find key facts and figures about working as a nurse practitioner - primary health care. The following information is applicable to all Allied primary health practitioners (NOC 3124).
Allied primary health practitioners include nurse practitioners, physician assistants and midwives who provide primary health care and treatment in conjunction with physicians and in collaboration with other health professionals. Nurse practitioners and physician assistants provide a range of health services to patients delivering preventive and continuous care toward the management of patients' health. Midwives provide full-course care to women and their babies during the pre- and post-natal period. Nurse practitioners are employed in community health centres, hospitals, clinics and rehabilitation centres. Physician assistants usually work in private practice, including group or team practices, hospitals and clinics. Midwives are employed in hospitals, clinics, birthing centres or in private
University education usually required
Median wage in Newfoundland and Labrador
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Advise patients on health care
- Collaborate with members of an interdisciplinary health team and plan, implement, co-ordinate and evaluate patient care
- Examine patients and take their medical histories and consult with physicians and other medical practitioners to evaluate patients' physical and mental health
- Order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures
- Inoculate and vaccinate patients to prevent and treat diseases
- Date modified: