Summary Astrophysicist near Laval (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as an astrophysicist. The following information is applicable to all Physicists and astronomers (NOC 2111).
Physicists conduct theoretical and applied research to extend knowledge of natural phenomena and to develop new processes and devices in fields such as electronics, communications, power generation and distribution, aerodynamics, optics and lasers, remote sensing, biotechnology, medicine and health. They are employed by electronic, electrical and aerospace manufacturing companies, telecommunications companies, power utilities, university and government research laboratories, hospitals and by a wide range of other processing, manufacturing, and research and consulting firms. Astronomers conduct observational and theoretical research to extend knowledge of the universe. They are employed by government and universities.
University education usually required
Median wage in Québec
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised near Laval (QC)
- Design and conduct observational surveys, conduct detailed analyses and develop numerical models to extend knowledge of celestial bodies and cosmic radiation
- Develop or participate in the development of instrumentation and software for astronomical observation and analysis
- Carry out analysis of research data and prepare research reports
- Design and conduct research in experimental and theoretical physics
- Participate as a member of a research or development team in the design and development of experimental, industrial or medical equipment, instrumentation and procedures
- Date modified: