Summary Registered Animal Health Technologist near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a registered animal health technologist. The following information is applicable to all Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians (NOC 3213).
Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians provide technical support to veterinarians by caring for animals and assisting in the diagnosis and treatment of animal health disorders. They are employed in veterinary clinics, animal hospitals, animal shelters, humane societies, zoos, animal research laboratories, pharmaceutical companies and government. Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are good in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Provide wound and bandage care
- Perform routine animal dental procedures and assist veterinarians with animal dentistry
- Provide nursing care and rehabilitation therapy for animals
- Veterinary office management
- Produce diagnostic radiographs, collect samples and perform other laboratory tests
- Date modified: