Summary Computer Network Technician near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a computer network technician. The following information is applicable to all Computer network technicians (NOC 2281).
Computer network technicians establish, operate, maintain and co-ordinate the use of local and wide area networks (LANs and WANs), mainframe networks, hardware, software and related computer equipment. They set up and maintain Internet and intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance. They are employed in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors. Supervisors of computer network technicians are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects are good in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks and computer workstations and peripheral equipment
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software and operating system software
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks
- Load computer tapes and disks and install software and printer paper and forms
- Provide problem-solving services to network users
- Date modified: