Summary Academic Counsellor in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as an academic counsellor. The following information is applicable to all Educational counsellors (NOC 4033).
Educational counsellors advise current and prospective students on educational issues, career planning and personal development, and co-ordinate the provision of counselling services to students, parents, teachers, faculty and staff. They are employed by school boards and post-secondary educational institutions.
University education usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Counsel students regarding educational, career or vocational issues
- Counsel students regarding personal and social issues
- Consult with teachers, parents, administrators and community agencies
- Co-ordinate the provision of counselling and information services to students, parents and teachers
- Administer and interpret standardized intelligence, aptitude and interest tests
- Date modified: