Summary Land Surveyor near Cold Lake (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a land surveyor. The following information is applicable to all Land surveyors (NOC 2154).
Land surveyors plan, direct and conduct legal surveys to establish the location of real property boundaries, contours and other natural or human-made features, and prepare and maintain cross-sectional drawings, official plans, records and documents pertaining to these surveys. They are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments, private sector land surveying establishments, real estate development, natural resource, engineering and construction firms, or they may be self-employed.
University education usually required
Median wage in Alberta
The job prospects are fair in Alberta
advertised in Alberta
- Develop survey plans, methods and procedures for conducting legal surveys
- Supervise other land surveyors and/or field crews
- Plan, direct and supervise or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries of properties
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Record all measurements and other information obtained during survey activities
- Date modified: