Summary Maintenance Manager near Vancouver (BC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "maintenance manager" was moved from the group Facility operation and maintenance managers (NOC 0714) to the group Facility operation and maintenance managers (NOC 70012).
Find key facts and figures about working as a maintenance manager. The following information is applicable to all Facility operation and maintenance managers (NOC 70012).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Facility operation managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of commercial, transportation and recreational facilities and the included real estate. Facility operation managers are employed by a wide range of establishments, such as airports, harbours, canals, shopping centres, convention centres, warehouses and recreational facilities. Maintenance managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the maintenance department within commercial, industrial, institutional, recreational and other facilities. Maintenance managers are employed by a wide range of establishments, such as office buildings, shopping centres, airports, harbours, warehouses, grain terminals, universities, schools and sports facilities, and by the maintenance and mechanical engineering departments
Learn more about maintenance manager
This occupation involves management responsibilities.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
View wages about Wages
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
View prospects about Prospects
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
View available jobs about Jobs
- Administer contracts for the provision of supplies and services
- Develop and implement schedules and procedures for safety inspections and preventive maintenance programs
- Direct the maintenance and repair of an establishment's machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems
- Hire and oversee training and supervision of staff
- Oversee the installation, maintenance and repair of real estate infrastructures including machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: