Summary Maintenance Manager near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a maintenance manager. The following information is applicable to all Facility operation and maintenance managers (NOC 0714).
Facility operation managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of commercial, transportation and recreational facilities and the included real estate. Facility operation managers are employed by a wide range of establishments, such as airports, harbours, canals, shopping centres, convention centres, warehouses and recreational facilities. Maintenance managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the maintenance department within commercial, industrial, institutional, recreational and other facilities. Maintenance managers are employed by a wide range of establishments, such as office buildings, shopping centres, airports, harbours, warehouses, grain terminals, universities, schools and sports facilities, and by the maintenance and mechanical engineering departments
University education usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Plan and manage the facility's operations budget
- Direct the maintenance and repair of an establishment's machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems
- Hire and oversee training and supervision of staff
- Oversee the installation, maintenance and repair of real estate infrastructures including machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems
- Oversee the leasing of space in the facility and the included real estate and the development of marketing strategies
- Date modified: