Summary General Manager - Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation And Construction in the Edmonton Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a general manager - goods production, utilities, transportation and construction. The following information is applicable to all Senior managers - construction, transportation, production and utilities (NOC 00015).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Senior managers in construction, transportation, production and utilities plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, the overall operations of goods production, utility, transportation and construction companies. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these companies, either alone or in conjunction with other members of a board of directors. They work in establishments throughout the following industries: fishing, forestry, logging and agriculture; mining, oil and gas extraction; construction; transportation and warehousing; printing; manufacturing; and utilities or they may own and operate their own business.
This occupation involves management responsibilities.
Median wage in the Edmonton Region
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in the Edmonton Region
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall human resources planning
- Establish objectives for the organization and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Date modified: