Summary Safety And Sanitary Inspector - Public And Environmental Health near Edmonton (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a safety and sanitary inspector - public and environmental health. The following information is applicable to all Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety (NOC 2263).
Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety evaluate and monitor health and safety hazards and develop strategies to control risks. They inspect restaurants, industrial establishments, municipal water systems, public facilities, institutions and other workplaces to ensure compliance with government regulations regarding sanitation, pollution control, the handling and storage of hazardous substances and workplace safety. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Edmonton Region
The job prospects are fair in the Edmonton Region
advertised near Edmonton (AB)
- Investigate outbreaks of diseases and food poisoning
- Provide information/training to employers, employees and general public
- Conduct surveys and monitoring programs of the natural environment
- Collect samples of materials for analysis
- Inspect spills of hazardous chemicals or products
- Date modified: