Summary EDP (electronic Data Processing) Applications Programmer near St. John's (NL)
Find key facts and figures about working as an EDP (electronic data processing) applications programmer. The following information is applicable to all Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174).
Computer programmers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for software applications, data processing applications, operating systems-level software and communications software. Interactive media developers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for Internet and mobile applications, computer-based training software, computer games, film, video and other interactive media. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Avalon Peninsula Region
The job prospects are good in the Avalon Peninsula Region
advertised near St. John's (NL)
- Write, modify, integrate and test software code
- Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements
- Date modified: