Summary Software Development Programmer in Nova Scotia
Find key facts and figures about working as a software development programmer. The following information is applicable to all Software developers and programmers (NOC 21232).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Software developers and programmers design, write, and test code for new systems and software to ensure efficiency. They create the foundations for operative systems and run diagnostic programs to certify effectiveness. They are employed in computer software, computer and video game development firms, information technology consulting firms, and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
Learn more about software development programmer
This occupation usually requires a university degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate).
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in Nova Scotia
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised in Nova Scotia
View available jobs about Jobs
- Write, modify, integrate and test software code
- Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: