Summary Transportation Manager near Canmore (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a transportation manager. The following information is applicable to all Managers in transportation (NOC 0731).
Managers in transportation operations plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of transportation companies such as railways, airlines, bus lines, municipal transit systems, shipping lines and trucking companies, under the direction of a general manager or another senior manager. Managers in transportation freight traffic plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate companies or departments responsible for the transportation and movement of goods, under the direction of a general manager or another senior manager. They are employed by transportation, freight forwarding and shipping companies and by transportation departments of companies in retail and manufacturing sectors and utilities.
University education usually required
Median wage in Alberta
The job prospects are fair in the Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region
advertised in Alberta
- Manage finances or budget
- Recruit, train and supervise staff
- Arrange for shipping documentation and the tracking and tracing of goods in transit
- Ensure transport compliance with regulations
- Establish and implement policies and standards for the transportation and storage of goods
- Date modified: