Summary Garment Repair Seamstress near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a garment repair seamstress. The following information is applicable to all Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners (NOC 64200).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Tailors, dressmakers and furriers make, alter and repair tailored clothing, dresses, coats and other made-to-measure garments. Milliners make, alter and repair hats. This unit group also includes alterationists who fit, alter and repair garments. They are employed by clothing retailers, clothing alteration shops, dry cleaners and garment manufacturing companies or they may be self-employed.
High school or specific training
This occupation usually requires a secondary school diploma or several weeks of on-the-job training.
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are good in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Make made-to-measure garments according to customer and manufacturing specifications
- Fit, alter and repair garments as required
- Lay out, cut, sew and press materials to make hats
- Make, alter or re-style fur garments and accessories
- Operate sewing machines or sew by hand
- Date modified: