Summary Garment Repair Seamstress near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a garment repair seamstress. The following information is applicable to all Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners (NOC 6342).
Tailors, dressmakers and furriers make, alter and repair tailored clothing, dresses, coats and other made-to-measure garments. Milliners make, alter and repair hats. This unit group also includes alterationists who fit, alter and repair garments. They are employed by clothing retailers, clothing alteration shops, dry cleaners and garment manufacturing companies or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are limited in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Make made-to-measure garments according to customer and manufacturing specifications
- Fit, alter and repair garments as required
- Lay out, cut, sew and press materials to make hats
- Make, alter or re-style fur garments and accessories
- Operate sewing machines or sew by hand
- Date modified: